Saturday, January 07, 2006

Changes within a year

These pictures represent the different changes my hair went through over the first year or so of Sisterlocking, from bottom to top. I often thought that the locks were on the thin side, but was told that they would expand over time.....
I knida like the way they were looking here, still on the thin side to me.... It took some courage to go to work sometimes, we are worst critics! When I thought they looked really bad I would wrap with a scarf or wear a head band (above/below) which I made, inspired from one I bought during the Essence Music Festival.....


The early months, relaxer still on ends, which as they continued to grow cause problems with bunching, resulting in 17 mos locs with fat ends! People have said that the fat ends adds character, I don't know....I'll let you decide as I post more recent pics.

4 Comments:

Blogger Creyole said...

You certainly don't look like you have a grandaughter. I love that lock cut and the color is flaming!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Blqberrylocz said...

Thanks! True, true, I don't look the part!! It's something about these locs I tell ya, they keep us lookin' young!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Starshadow said...

I like your style and the beautiful updoes that you explain. My favorite is the basketweave pattern and the bump" at the front. My hairs not long enough in the middle to take the basketweave that far, but I'll keep on experimenting.
Starshadow.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Starshadow said...

You are giving me so many styling ideas. Keep up the good work!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home