Friday, January 06, 2006

I first want to thank Brunsli for her help in me finally getting this up and running! She was so helpful in the simplest way...so Thanks Brunsli!! I want to start this out by letting you know a little about me and my family, so I can then get down with the get down and talk HAIR!!

The above picture is the 'beginning' of my loc journey. You see I actually started this journey in February of 2004. My mom, who has been my inspiration through muchof this journey started her Sisterlocks TM approximately 7 years ago, well, she'd had them for 5 years when I thought about joining her. Her locks were and still are gorgeous and quite frankly, I just had to "have them". So in Feb of 2004 I cut off all of my shoulder length relaxed hair, I did it on my birthday! Now this isn't as dramatic as it may sound, I have cut my hair to the quick before and thinking back on it now, if I would have known what I know now I would be rockin' some waist length ropes about now!! But I didn't, so here I am, or was. I allowed my hair to grow out for approximately 2 months before going for my consultation for Sisterlocks TM. Here's the condensed version, I went 3 separate times over the following three months to no avail! My hair just wasn't having it! The first time I went the consultant did her thing and assessed my hair...oh I said I would introduce the family then get down to the hair!! But I know yall aint mad at me so I wll continue:)!

1 Comments:

Blogger brunsli said...

You're welcome!

I'm so glad you've started a blog and I am looking forward to watching (and learning) from your journey. I always toy with the idea of combining my locks.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home